Sunday, May 8, 2011

Goblin Valley

No trip to Utah's Castle Country would be complete without a visit to Goblin Valley State Park. Wind and water have carved fantastic and unique goblin-like sculptures out of rock, creating an outdoor playground that inspires the imagination. Numerous rocks and coves offer unlimited walking, exploring, or hiking opportunities. It is well worth the time to hike through the area for a few hours, to enjoy the desert beauty and fascinating comical goblin forms that you find here. Along the way, there are fine views of the San Rafael Reef and the Henry Mountains.

Personally, I felt like we were in Mushroom Land on Super Mario Brothers.  If I was to name this park, it would have been Mushroom Valley, but if you visit it at night & shine a light out into the valley, Goblin Eyes reflect the light, making the name Goblin Valley more fitting.  

We loved this state park.  It easily could become a family favorite.  We were able to do what we do best, explore and roam.  




 Grandma Elie


 Grandpa Jimmy


I Love Livy!!!  She was sad when we first got there, but after we teamed up and were sneaking up on everyone else, I am pretty sure she forgot what she was sad about in the first place!!!






 The highlight of the day was a hidden cave we found in the cave.  Our 7 year olds are the best little explorers!!!



  A picture from above the skylight of the cave


The spoiled baby got tired, so Greg made him a "Baby Carrier".

Goblin Valley was a highlight of our trip & I am sure we will be back again!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment