Monday, January 31, 2011

Kidding Around

Many of you may already know that I have taken on the most challenging and most rewarding job ever.  THE DOMESTIC ENGINEER!!!  I LOVE IT!!  I often wonder why I didn't do this 12 years ago.  It is nice not having to split myself in half between work & home.  I am so thankful for this opportunity & love seeing the kids benefit from having mom around all the time.  My days are spent literally kidding around.


Mondays I volunteer in Isabelle's class as a reading mother.  This just makes her day & gives me a chance to see her while Greg is in Alaska!!  So, not only do I get to listen to her read, but I get to give her all the hugs her daddy would give her if he was home.  When he is home, we go everyday, so he never misses a day seeing her!!!  I know you will think I am bias by saying this, but Isabelle is seriously the best reader in her class!!!  She is way beyond her grade level & continues to excel!!!  Isabelle is also learning the piano & is going to play soccer this spring.





Tuesdays are Maddie's day.  Every Tuesday Morning I volunteer in Maddie's Library Class.  I put books away, help the kids pick books & yes my favorite part, sit in the bean bags & read with Mads!!!  Maddie is playing basketball right now & is becoming quite the little player.  I love watching her on defense.  After being guarded by Maddie, most girls look like they want to cry or punch her in the face!!!   She sure knows how to wear down her opponents.  She is also developing on offense too.  During her last game she scored two baskets.  Maddie got a part in her school's spring play of Willy Wonka.  This was a huge deal because 160 kids went out for 60 parts.  She is Mrs. Group (the German Kid's Mom).  Maddie has made a lot of friends since our move to Utah & is doing quite well.  


Wednesday's belong to Ry Guy!!!  My good friend Hannah & I teacher Ryan & his BFF Livy's 1st Grade PE class.  Most of the time we have a blast!!!  BTW, kickball is a little too advanced for 1st Graders!!  At times it is like we are trying to train a herd of cats!!  None the less, it is a lot of fun playing with & getting to know all the kids.  In December, I also became the Class Captain for Ryan's class, keeping me a little extra busy. Ryan started karate after Christmas & LOVES IT!!!  His favorite response now when we tease him is "Watch out, I know karate!!!"  It has been fun to watch him find an activity that is all his own!!!





Ash has been owning Tuesday & Thursday evenings.  She made the basketball team this year as a 7th grader & is doing awesome!!!  I love watching her play!!!  Yes, I am one of those loud moms on the sidelines that yells & screams for her team.  Shocker huh?  Ashley has made huge improvements & is doing very well.  In November, she was called to be a part of the Beehive Presidency in our ward & is very active in Young Women's.  She is still playing her violin in the school chamber & once basketball ends, her & Maddie will start taking piano lessons again.  Last week, Ash & I took Hunter's Safety.  She is quite the Annie Oakley!!  She demolished her paper rabbit target in the shooting portion of the class.

2 comments:

  1. Love this.....We are so happy you all doing so well. I can hardly wait until April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Go get em Ash and Maddie!! I was best on defense too, never good at shots, but the other team hated me because I was a little defender, and mean at it too...My kind of girls, I wish I was there to watch them. Keep up the great momming Jaimie, I love seeing kids with a full time mom, it makes such a difference!! Tell Greg I love him.

    ReplyDelete