I don't think Greg & I will ever have the option of getting rid of our cat Marie. Today both of our six year olds reminded me how much they love her. I don't know why this should surprise me. When they are both here the cat is the center of attention. She quickly transforms from cat to baby doll, to prisoner, to evil witch "Vector Cat". One moment the cat is wrapped up like a baby, laying in the doll cradle drinking out of a bottle, to running for her life in a game of "Catch The Cat". Another favorite game of the kids is "Cook The Cat". Before you start to Google the number for our local Humane Society, let me explain. The cat is put in a box with two holes big enough for her to see out of & reach her paw out of. Then the kids tease her with a pom-pom & she goes wild. I always feel a little bad for the kitty as she is dressed head to toe in American Girl Doll clothes & never seems to get a break from the Six Year Olds, but believe it or not when all the kids are gone, she wanders around looking for some attention. I must mention that even though the Six Year Olds give her the most attention, her absolute favorite person in the family is the Big Daddy. Who knows why??? Maybe she knows that he took the most convincing to let us get her in the first place, so she better charm him or it is because he is the warmest "Liddell Heater" around, but none the less when it comes time to cuddle she won't let anyone hold & snuggle her except for Greg.
Isabelle asked me today, if I could sneak the cat into reading time with me because she misses her SOOO bad!!! Think she can pass as a Reading Kitty?
Ryan asked if Jesus visited Cat Heaven. If he does, do I think Ryan could go with him one day when he was dead so he could visit Marie. My answer: (don't ask for doctrine backing this up) I think Cat Heaven & People Heaven are in the same place & Marie will be with our family in heaven. Ryan was delighted with this answer. Whew!!!!
I agree with Issy and Ryan....Heaven doesn't exist if our beloved pets are not there....
ReplyDelete