Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mrs. Liddell Goes To Washington

Last weekend, I had the opportunity to visit my sister Alli in Washington DC.  It was a great weekend!!  When she asked me what I wanted to do while I was there, I told her I wanted to eat in "Non Chain" Restaurants & have some yummy food.

With that said, we ate our way through the weekend!!!  I would like to say we had a little of everything, but there was nothing little about anything we ate.  Starting off with BBQ.  Brisket, Ribs, Mac & Cheese, & Onions Straws.  Moving onto German Food.  Oh my!!!  Snitzel, Pork Cutlets, Fried Bread Dumplings, all topped with a savory tomato, mushroom gravy.  Full yet?  Hope not, because there is still a full day to talk about!!!  How about a traditional "White Trash" Breakfast?  All inclusive of Greasy Bacon, Eggs, Toast, & Home Fries, I am sure they cooked in the bacon grease!!!  What is a final meal without a little gorge?  Who knows good Italian better than a sister that lived in the country for 7 years?  A little meat & cheese to start, followed by some Carbonara, finished off with Tiramisu.  Yes, I flew across the country to  have a gastric wonderland of a weekend  & by no means was I disappointed.

It was wonderful to be with Alli!!!  I wish she wasn't so far away & it didn't take a four hour plane ride to spend time together.  I love hanging out with her and her family.  It was nice to see where they live & work.  They have settled right back into DC life and stay plenty busy.  They also have a fun bunch of friends who kept the laughter going!!!  THANKS GUYS FOR THE GREAT WEEKEND!!!

Oh and did I mention I saw some historical sights in between meals?  =)


I spent all day Friday visiting the National Mall with my Nephew Kyle.  He was a little camera shy, so I don't have any pics of him, just the sights!!!



A picture of the White House taken from the top of the Washington Monument

The Lincoln Memorial.  
After we came done the Washington Memorial, Kyle & I walked down the path that is in the line of trees you see on left.  As we are walking along, minding our own business, a real life "Hammy" (the hyper squirrel from Over The Hedge) jumped out of a trash can at me.  Yes, I screamed & ran!!!  I swear   Hammy was finishing off someones Starbuck's before he came barreling out at me!!!

The Jefferson Memorial

US Capitol

Inside The Lincoln Memorial


Korean War Veterans Memorial


National Air & Space Museum

I had to take a picture of this 1939 Ford Roadster in the National Museum of American History for Greg.  It is his dream car to rebuild some day!!!

Pamela, Rodney, & Paul helping Alli celebrate her birthday!!!

Sisters!!!

1 comment: